Sunday, June 21, 2009

Damper Removal


I finished getting the damper cut out today. I ran into a small problem with my grinder and the cutting wheel, but I got the part I needed and got it cut out of there. I definitely looked like the guys in Marry Poppins . I also found out my shop vac bag was the not fitting right and blew dust all over the house. So I still have a HUGE mess to clean up. The damper flap cracked in half while I was trying to cut it with a sawzall. Then I used the grinder with a cutting wheel to take care of the rest. I got the paint can out though so I think I should be pretty close to the width I need to get the chimney liner routed through there. I will get some final measurements once the shop vac is working and I can get everything cleaned up. I will get some more pics up after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment