Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Everything is Rolling Now.



Like I said yesterday the wife pitched in picked up the tile. I found it at Creative Associates. I was looking for some 6x6 darker colored natural looking tile. I had looked at lowes and home depot but was not to thrilled with the prices. I went to Creative Associates and I found some slate 4x4 and 3x6 tile for 1.75 a sq foot. I thought that was pretty good especially for slate. I sent my wife out to check it out and she approved and bought it. I had the hardibacker ready to go so I mixed up some thinset and stuck the small piece down inside the fire place. It went pretty smooth but I used more thinset that I thought I would have to. My wife had taped off around the big piece of hardibacker so we dumped the rest of the thinset out and she set to work spreading it out while I went and mixed some more up. I accidentally mixed up way to much this time though. We finished spreading it out for the big piece of hardibacker then laid it down. I put in a bunch of screws for the part that was on the wood. I think it should stay no problem. Since we had gobs of thinset left, I decided we could use it to fill some of the joints in the brick. Hopefully it will allow us to use less when we go to lay the tile and I wont have to buy another bag of the stuff. After that job we un-boxed about 3/4 of the tile. it was really dusty so we thought we should wash it down a bit bit so the dust didn't prevent it from sticking. I am not sure if it will make a difference or not but it couldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment